In a SOA 11g High Availability configuration (clustered), when following best practices and splitting the AdminServer and Managed Servers into separate domains there is a bug that prevents SOA Email Driver property changes from taking effect on all servers. The steps below include a work-around that corrects the problem. The AdminServer and all SOA servers should be running before proceeding.
- Login to the Linux Host and navigate to the AdminServer domain config directory
Rename the WLS_SOA1 and WLS_SOA2 directories as shown
- Login to Enterprise Manager and navigate to “Farm_SOADomain > User Messaging Service > usermessagingdriver-email (WLS_SOA1) > Email Driver Properties
- Fill in the “OutgoingMailServer” and “OutgoingDefaultFromAddr” values as shown and click “Apply”. Repeat this step for WLS_SOA2
- Then, navigate to SOA > soa-infra > SOA Administration > Workflow Properties
- Fill in the “Email: From Address” and “Notification Mode” as shown. Click Apply
- Bounce the AdminServer and SOA Cluster for the changes to take effect